We have an abundance of dinosaur kale, always. And while we were on a trip to Monterey, CA in October we happened upon kale chips at the Whole Foods there. We devoured nacho flavored cashew drizzled chips of kale. So yum! Could we make them ourselves?
Yes, they are so easy. Here is what I did.
1. Rip off the stems of kale and tear the leaves into smaller chunks
2. Soak in water
3. Prepare in a bowl the sauce
4. Mix a drizzle sauce of nutritional yeast, salt, chipotle powder, olive oil and sesame seeds
5. Heat oven to 375
6. Drain water from kale
7. Spread kale on baking sheets
8. Drizzle the sauce all over the kale
9. Add more nutritional yeast if desired
10. Put in heated oven for 15 minutes – roughly
When you pull them out they should be crispy!
Eat them as is, like a snack, or add to a salad. If they get really crumbly, save the kale dust for a popcorn topping!